What about supplements?
We do not sell supplements. All our recipes use vitamin and mineral products specifically designed to nutritionally complete homemade diets fed to dogs and cats made by other reputable companies. These synthetic supplements are concentrated forms of essential nutrients used in the smallest amount possible (less than 3%) to meet the current nutritional recommendations. Some canine recipes use wheat germ to reduce the amount of synthetic supplement needed because wheat germ is an excellent source of vegetable protein, fats and fiber. It's also a good source of magnesium, zinc, thiamin, folate, potassium, phosphorus and vitamin E. We provide you with all the information needed to order and properly feed the supplement.
- Canine supplement is Chef's Canine Complete available at MyPetGrocer.com; sells for $24 per 454 grams (1 lb) - will last a 15 lb dog about 90 days.
- Feline supplement is BalanceIT Feline available at BalanceIT.com; sells for ~$53 per 500 grams (1.1 lb) - will last a 10 lb cat about 5 months.
How does this service compare with Balanceit.com free canine recipe service?
- Balanceit.com provides a free recipe IF you buy their canine supplement for $53/600 g bottle ($8.83/100 g).
- We charge $25 for first recipe (1/2 price for additional) and recommend a supplement that is more fairly priced at $24/454 g bottle ($5.30/100 g).
- Therefore price for the first recipe and first bottle of supplement are comparable, however ongoing supplement cost is less in our recipes.
In our experience, the specific products we recommend:
- make it easier for you to add the right amount of supplement consistently
- are less expensive than multiple supplements or hard to find specialty products
- ensures you are feeding the correct balance of easily digestible essential nutrients
The vast majority of pet supplements sold are designed to be a 'healthy' treat, and do not balance a homemade diet. So we're glad you have made it to our web site!